Saturday, July 10, 2010

More of my favorite things

Yesterday I decided to do a couple of "My Favorite Things" blogs. I think it's fun to share what we enjoy using with our friends and for them to do the same. So just like yesterday, read and then comment what your favorite things are.

Yesterday I focused on personal items but tonight is Kitchen gadgets.

DISCRETIONARY NOTICE: Even before I became a Pampered Chef consultant, most of these items were in my kitchen and would've been fave's anyway!


This was one of my first PC purchases and probably one of my favorites. This  handy dandy tool is so useful during apple pie baking time. It makes things so much easier! This is the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer with the stand. Oh the joy it brings me! Even the boys can help me do the apples and they have trying to see if they can get the peel to come off in one LONG strip!

And speaking of boys. The next item is fun for sandwich making without the crust. It's the Cut-N-Seal.
This special little cutting companion cuts the sandwich into a circle, removing the crust, and when you press the knob down, it seals the edges of the bread! Very fun.

Okay, to throw in a non-PC (Pampered Chef) item that I don't have a pic of but love so much, here is the KitchenAid Classic Series Mixer. Oh my word. Where would I be without my wonderful mixer? Large, yes. Heavy, maybe. Worth it, for sure!


Next on my list would have to be this wonderful oil.
 
This oils is so good to use with a brush to coat the inside of a baking dish that you are making a casserole in or maybe in a salad dressing you are making or even to brush on bread and then toasting the bread in the oven. Oh so good.



Food Chopper from Pampered Chef is quite possibly my favorite of all time! It chops nuts, chocolate, veggies, fruit...whatever you want. It's a great way to vent some frustration at the end of a long day.

Not that I ever have to do that.

Well....maybe sometimes.

Are you judging me?
I didn't think so.

Next is what should be called the "I can do everything you ever wanted or needed a kitchen gadget to do" but I guess that's really too long of a name. So we will just go with what PC calls it. This is the Rice Cooker Plus.
It doesn't just make rice so don't let it's deceiving name fool you. You can fully cook frozen hamburger in about 10 minutes. You can make a cake in it using a box of mix and a can of soda. You can steam veggies. Make mashed potatoes without adding water to the cut potatoes. And more. So much more! Yes, this was a worthy investment and I am glad I made it.

Do you like garlic like I like garlic? Who doesn't? It's very beneficial to your health to eat garlic. But, I hate how it makes your fingers smell. These tools are essential and work wonderfully if you need sliced garlic for a recipe or you need to peel a whole clove before using it. Check out the Galic Peeler & Slicer Set.
And how about this.
This is the Medium Scoop. They also come in large and small. Perfect for cookies.
My family has a family cookie baking day each November. All of us ladies get together and make our holiday cookies for the season on one day. It's great fun. This handy tool is ever so helpful and makes the perfect size and shaped cookies. You don't have one? GET ONE!

Okay. This is just fun. It's the Color Coated Santoku KnifeIt's handy as well but just look at it!  All green and cute. But it is VERY sharp and VERY inexpensive and  that's why I love it so.

The stone. Large Round Stone with handles  is just fabulous. I really can't say anything more to add to it's bio. You just need one.
Bottom line.

End of story.

And then there's this yummy, simply scrumptious and delicious Sweet Apple Sprinkle.
You just have to try this!  Great as a topping on oatmeal, pancakes or as a special little something in your apple pie. But it also has a super easy and super yummy recipe on the label. Trust me. You NEED to check this one out.

So there you have it. A few of my favorite things to use in the kitchen.

Well? What are you waiting for?

Go on!
It's your turn!

1 comment:

  1. Mini Medium size scoop is awesome for cookies. Makes the perfect sizes cookies.

    My Kitchen Aid Mixer is awesome. The best thing ever. Clean up isn't that bad either.

    Weber Grill seasoning grinders are awesome. Favorite ones are Kicken Chicken, and Steak Seasoning.

    I love my Papered Chef pitchers. The love the handy dandy little mixer thing in the middle.

    Papered Chef microwaveable steamer dishes. Can't remember what they are called, but they are brown and they have lids with holes in them. Very nice for just worming something up or making steamed or frozen veggies.

    This really isn't made as a kitchen gadget, but we have adopted it as a kitchen gadget. The Magic Eraser by MR. Clean. It is wonderful for cleaning off pots and pans that have gotten really messy, and they are wonderful for cookie sheets that have really bad spots that take a lot of elbow grease too clean off.

    My family size pan from Pampered Chef has really came in handy, and the fact that I got it for free when I hosted a party makes it even more magical.

    ReplyDelete